Build Your Business by Letting Go!
Fairly often, I find myself telling clients that their lives will be much easier if they just let go. Letting go of expectations, demands, fears, and worries, along with old beliefs, emotional habits, and behaviors can open the door to many new possibilities.
The opposite of letting go is holding tight. Holding tight is a tense, contracted state. When you are holding tight, it’s difficult to think clearly and creatively. Holding tight, prevents your life from expanding and moving forward.
Letting go can be scary. It often means behaving in a way you haven’t behaved before, and facing unpredictable responses from the world around you.
But if you want to enjoy your life more, increase your revenues, and experience feelings of freedom, letting go is a necessity.
As I look back on my life, I see that one of the most valuable actions I took was to give away everything I owned and follow my inner guidance. I’m not suggesting that you even consider doing this, but there are some steps you can take to move yourself forward.
The first step in moving towards a state of freedom is to recognize where you are holding tight.
- Do you spend a lot of time thinking about the past, perhaps with regrets or feelings of guilt?
- Do you feel a lot of fear about the future, especially your financial future?
- Are you quick to anger when people behave in ways that do not please you?
- Is your home or office filled with lots of stuff you have collected over the years and rarely use?
- Do people often disappoint you?
- Is your selftalk highly critical?
- Are you easily stressed out or burned out?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then there’s a good chance that letting go will be of great benefit too you – and everyone around you.
Here are some suggestions to help you gradually let’s go and move forward.
- Train yourself to stay focused in the present moment rather than in the past or future. The past is gone and only a memory. Thoughts of the future are stories you are making up. Because human brains are wired to look for danger, thinking about future possibilities is bound to bring up worries and concerns. Meditation can help you stay focused in the present.
- Get rid of clothing, household items, office papers and anything else that you don’t use. Especially let go of items you have held onto that bring up unpleasant memories or uncomfortable feelings.
- Try this: During meditation or when you’re sitting quietly by yourself, close your eyes and put all of your attention on your jaw. Notice if it is tense or relaxed. No matter what it feels like, take a breath and say to yourself, let go. As you say, let go, imagine that your jaw is relaxing. Repeat this multiple times, each time saying, let go.
- Here’s a little ritual to do: On a piece of paper, make a list of everything that’s bothering you now. When the list is complete, hold the paper in your hand as you take a deep breath and say to yourself, I am letting go of everything that bothers me. Then safely burn the paper, and repeat, I am letting go of everything that bothers me.
- Take deep diaphragmatic breaths. Deep breathing is very relaxing. As you breathe in, imagine that your filling all of your cells with pure oxygen and allowing them to expand.
Do you need help letting go?
When I work with clients who are interested in increasing revenue and feeling better about themselves and their lives, I often offer them suggestions for letting go.
As part of the coaching that I do, I use techniques such as Be Set Free Fast and other innovative methods that allow for the rapid release of old emotions that can be holding you back.
If you are ready to let go and you’d like to have a conversation about how my coaching can help you, let me know that you’re interested and we can schedule a time to talk. Just email Joan@ProsperityPlace.com or click here.