Are You Ready for a Prosperous 2015.
If you haven’t started keeping track of your spending and earning in some form of software, now is the perfect time to get started. Having a detailed record of your financial habits is a sure-fire way of improving your business bottom line.
Once they decide which platform they want to use, I meet with them via GoToMeeting.com and help them fine tune the software set up.
Every single one of my clients has expressed how grateful they are to have gotten out of financial vagueness. Once they really understand their cash flow, it’s amazing how much financial fear dissipates.
There’s no doubt that financial vagueness and financial fear go together.
I have often heard the expression, “I’d rather spend my time doing the work I love rather than dealing with the numbers.”
Common excuses for poor record keeping include, “I’m not good with numbers,” “Money doesn’t really matter to me,” or “I check my bank balance online.”
Here are the facts:
- Being in business is about generating revenue. If you don’t care about money or keeping track of your cash flow, then you shouldn’t be in business.
- Every successful business person will tell you how important it is to be in touch with your numbers.
- If you have dreams of financial freedom, then you have to care about both the money and the numbers.
- If you think that checking your bank balance online is managing your money, you’re wrong. You are basically checking to see if you bounced a check or if you are overdrawn. It is scarcity thinking.
- Being “good with numbers” is a skill that anyone can learn. It’s not rocket science. And the available software does all the math for you. All you have to do is download information from your bank or, as I do, enter transactions into the software. All the work is done for you. So you don’t have to be good with numbers, you have to be able to do data entry.
- Once you stop worrying about running out of money because you are managing your cash flow, you will trust yourself enough to increase your revenue, almost without trying. It’s amazing how it works.
If you have been on my list for any length of time, then you know that I take a holistic approach to prosperity. Your thoughts, beliefs, and emotions all affect your financial outcomes.
But just as important, are your real-world financial management skills.
So, are you really serious about building a successful business. Basically, all you have to do is make the decision to move forward and take care of your finances.
Remember, money goes to people who love and take care of it, just like people. And what money loves best is to be counted.